Required MS Word Training

This section is for topics relevant to 1L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
student svcs lib

Required MS Word Training

Post by student svcs lib »

Hello and welcome, new law students!

My name is Austin Waters, and I am your Student Services Librarian here at the Charles B. Sears Law Library at UB. I am writing to let you know about some training you will be required to complete in preparation for your Legal Analysis, Writing and Research (LAWR) class through a company called Procertas. You should be receiving an email from them shortly at your UB email address, if you have not already, with details about activating your account. If you do not hear anything in this regard by the end of the day on Monday, August 8th, please email me at bawaters@buffalo.edu and I will make sure you receive an invite.

Your LAWR Professors are asking you all to complete the three Microsoft Word Trainer Modules prior to the start of Orientation. These are the Word Brief, Word Contract, and Word Memo Trainer Modules. They are available here: https://learn.procertas.com/. Please note: You are more than welcome to complete the Word Assessments as well as the other modules on Excel, PowerPoint, and PDFs, but only the three Word Trainer Modules are required. FYI, I would recommend spending a minute or two to complete the Tutorial first so you will know how to download and upload documents before you begin.

**Mac users, if you need to change the operating system, please click on the Settings option that appears when you hover your mouse over your email address in the top right corner of the Modules page**
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (5.76 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
Picture2.jpg
Picture2.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 4952 times

Finally, before beginning your trainings through Procertas, I would recommend downloading the latest version of Microsoft 365 from the UB IT website: https://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/service-gu ... ading.html if you do not already own this software, or if you have an older version of it. It is free for you to download as a UB student.

I am looking forward to meeting you all in just a few weeks! If you have any questions about the training, the Law Library, or anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out.

All the best,
Austin
Austin Waters
Student Services Librarian
University at Buffalo School of Law
221B O’Brian Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
(716) 645-8595
bawaters@buffalo.edu
she/they
My Office is a Safe Space.