Summer 2021 Paid Diversity Clerkships

This section is for topics relevant to 1L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
Student Affairs

Summer 2021 Paid Diversity Clerkships

Post by Student Affairs »

Dear Students:

A former student and recent UB Alum, Curtis Jones, contacted me on behalf the Rochester Legal Diversity Clerkship Program and the Monroe County Diversity Committee about this clerkship. The Clerkship is co-sponsored by the MCBA (through its Diversity Committee), the Rochester Black Bar Association, and the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys.

The program is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession in the Rochester area by attracting qualified first-year law students from underrepresented groups to work in paid positions with Rochester-area law firms and other legal entities. Curtis as well as other UB Alums have found their permanent employment through this opportunity. Curtis reached out to me because they want applications from UB Law students.

To learn more, check out this link: https://mcba.org/bar-news/article.aspx/?id=31. If the link does not work, visit www.mcba.org. I have also attached an application here.

Do not self-select out of this opportunity. Take a chance and apply.

Good luck!
Dean Gargano
Office of Student Affairs
314 O'Brian Hall
716-645-6223
Law-StudentAffairs@Buffalo.edu