Law Library Access Before Orientation

This section is for topics relevant to 1L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
Assoc Dir Law Lib

Law Library Access Before Orientation

Post by Assoc Dir Law Lib »

Hi everyone,
If you would like to study in the Law Library or just have a look around before Orientation, please email me at briandet@buffalo.edu for an access code. Your swipe card access has likely not been activated yet, so you will need a code to punch into the card reader on the 5th floor to be admitted. (I can't post the code here for security reasons, but I am happy to share it with you via email.) The code will provide you with 24/7 access to the library through the door in the 5th floor faculty office hallway labeled 9 3/4. However, we ask that you remain on the 5th or 7th floors only outside of our Service Desk's opening hours, which are currently Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM. (We will begin our extended Fall Semester hours during Orientation Week.) If you can make it in before then on a weekday, please come down to the Service Desk or my office (221B) and say hello!
My colleagues and I look forward to meeting you all at Orientation. Until then, enjoy the rest of your summer break and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
All the best,
Brian

Here is a map to the library access door (labeled 9 3/4) from the O'Brian Hall elevators:
5th Floor Access 8-2021.jpg
Brian Detweiler
Associate Director
221A O'Brian Hall
Charles B. Sears Law Library
Buffalo, NY 14260
(716) 645-2384
briandet@buffalo.edu