This section is for topics relevant to 1L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 12:12 pm
Under the direct supervision of the Clinic Director, the FVWRC Summer Fellow will appear in Family and Supreme Courts on family offense, child custody and visitation, and child and spousal support cases, and possibly make appearances in child welfare administrative hearings. The Fellow will conduct case screenings, and may work on clinic projects including research, preparation of community legal educational materials, and assist in community presentations. The fellow will attend community meetings and trainings in the field of family violence. Depending on workload, the Fellow may observe a criminal family violence-related jury trial.
Obligations of Studen Attorney/ Family Violence & Women's Rights Clinic Fellow:
- Complete all required paperwork needed to obtain student practice order;
- Work between 25-30, for at least 10 weeks;
* Please note that this position is awarded as a Summer Fellowship. This position is funded at $3,000 for the entire summer session, at least 10 weeks, with the clinic, as it serves in the public interest. This position is NOT paid hourly.
- Exclusively work on the FVWRC case docket and projects, as well as additional cases and projects that originate during the summer months.
Clinical Legal Education Program
507 O'Brian Hall, North Campus
Buffalo, NY 14260