Info on Important Club & Budget Information - SBA

This section is for topics relevant to 3L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
Student Life

Info on Important Club & Budget Information - SBA

Post by Student Life »

This message is being posted on behalf of SBA ...

Dear Fellow Students and Club Leaders,

I hope you all have been having a great summer from internships to enjoying some down time before classes begin.

I wanted to introduce myself for those who may not know, I'm Mohammed the new SBA Treasurer, and I am reaching out regarding some important information you all should have as we gear up for the start of the Fall 2018 semester.

Just before the end of last semester we requested that you submit a proposed budget, after submission the board reviewed and allocated most if not all of what was requested within reason. This was so that by August 1, SBA would have the budget approved by SBI and clubs would be able to begin requisitioning funds, submit purchase orders, etc for fall events. If you submitted a budget you also have a pre-allocated amount for your first general interest meeting as well as to table during the week September 11-13. At your request if clubs would like an outline of their budget please email me and I can provide that information.

A very important save the date, on Sunday August 26 the day before class beings, at 11am SBA will be hosting a Leadership Forum, this is a mandatory conference for club presidents and treasurers, if you are unable to attend please send a representative who is able, as the SBA board will go through in detail the process of requisitioning funds, the proper paperwork required, how reimbursements work, requests and allocations of space, in addition to various other important takeaways that will assist you in getting oriented in your leadership roles. Please mark the morning of August 26 in your calendars, we will be sending a follow up email with more details soon.

We want you all to know that we are here to support you and help you, the SBA board members are working to make the various complex processes be more seamless, so that you are spending more time planning and hosting activities instead of dealing with bureaucracy.

Some of our efforts in streamlining the process is creating a new process for submitting requisitions. I have attached a form to this email, if you are requesting funds please fill out that form and email it to sbareq@buffalo.edu, which is also included on the form. In addition to the form please provide the SBI office any flier or additional information you can, it will help them understand the purpose of the event and be able to direct the funds from the appropriate budget line. This way, if your club already has the funds allocated in your budget, this helps us distribute the funds quicker. If you have any questions please email me or Kevin Southern kls47@buffalo.edu.

Additional important information, clubs now have an automatic $50 for the interest meeting and $20 for tabling. If you decide to use these funds please use the new requisition process as mentioned above. If you wish to purchase items from Wegmans specifically, you will need to submit a requisition request form first and then we will sign a Wegmans card over to you for your purchases.

We look forward to working together and we hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

P.S. In case I missed some contacts, please forward this information to your fellow club officers and board members. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Mohammed Tazbir Alam
J.D. Candidate, University at Buffalo School of Law
Treasurer, Student Bar Association
Attachments
SBA Requisition Request.pdf
(122.19 KiB) Downloaded 1250 times