STUDENT ASSISTANT OPPORTUNITY (PAID)
Title: Social Media Analyst and Operations Assistant
UB Department: University Communications
Supervisor:Kaileigh Saeva, Social Media Specialist, email@example.com
716-645-4577, 330 Crofts Hall, UB North Campus
Application Due Date: May 10, 2022
Application Deadline: Applications accepted immediately, until position is filled
Position Start / End Date: Flexible start dates beginning May 2022
Paid Position? Yes ($13.20/hr)
UB’s division of University Communications (UC) is responsible for university-wide communications and marketing -- including branding, media relations, digital (web, social media), editorial/content, and creative design -- for the University at Buffalo (UB). The division is highly visible, nationally recognized, and its award-winning communication products represent the public face of the university. As a member of UC’s Digital Communications & Strategy team, you will help us transform the way content is created, distributed and tracked on social media, the web, and other digital communication platforms. You will support the department’s efforts to monitor and shape perceptions, fulfill information needs and provide exceptional service to external and internal audiences of UB.
As our Social Media Analyst and Operations Assistant you will focus on analyzing and classifying UB’s social media interactions across our UB social landscape. This includes identifying opportunities for our engagement team to interact with and building relationships with our current and prospective UB community, as well as identifying and routing customer service opportunities, and identifying and classifying trends.
The successful candidate will:
● Be highly motivated, professional, creative and excited to learn
● Be comfortable working in a high-productivity team environment
● Embrace an inclusive environment
● Demonstrate strong judgement, precise attention to details and strong work ethic
● Be a current SUNY student (mandatory)
o Ideally, the candidate will remain a SUNY student through May 2023 or later
● This PAID student position requires a weekly commitment of 15-20 hours during the academic semester. This position is fully remote and the scheduled hours are on nights and weekends. Hours are available during breaks.
The Social Media Analyst and Operations Assistant will work directly with the Social Media Specialist and collaboratively with other members of the UC team to accomplish the following goals:
● Continually monitor, classify, triage and escalate opportunities/needs from our online audiences
● Support digital analytics activities
• Required Skills
o Strong understanding of, and experience using social media (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok)
o Must be a critical thinker, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
o Must have excellent analytical skills
o Excellent written and verbal communications are essential
o Self Directed
• Additional Skills
o Experience in Excel, Google Docs
• You should:
o Have a keen sense of individual responsibility and initiative.
o Demonstrate good judgment
o Be an enthusiastic team player.
o Be able to handle multiple and varied assignments. Effective time management and adherence to deadlines.
o Be comfortable collaborating with others and taking direction; Respect for authority and diverse viewpoints
o Be able to handle sensitive information with discretion
Apply via Bullseye (Job ID: # 6377332)
1. Make sure to submit your cover letter and resume via Bullseye!
2. Complete the pre-qualification form: https://forms.gle/FLgYewcVCD1QWwga6
Applications are being accepted immediately with a cut-off of May 10, 2022. Start date is flexible.
The University at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The majority of law school announcements can be found in this section. However, don't forget to check your class year section as well for information specific to your class.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 12:17 pm