Study re Suicide Prevention for Asian Students

The majority of law school announcements can be found in this section. However, don't forget to check your class year section as well for information specific to your class.
Student Affairs

Study re Suicide Prevention for Asian Students

Post by Student Affairs »

Please see the below message from a doctoral student at SUNY Albany:
Hello,
My name is Shangyun Zhou, and I am a Counseling Psychology doctoral student at the University at Albany, State University of New York. I hereby sincerely invite you to participate in my dissertation study, which studies several cultural factors that might be important in suicide prevention work in Asian college students in the US. This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the University at Albany (IRB study number: 22X064).

You are invited to participate in the study if you:
• Are 18 years or above
• Identify as Asian or Asian American/Pacific Islander (for example, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Filipinx)
• Currently an enrolled student in the SUNY school system
• Does not have any thoughts or plans of hurting or killing yourself

You have the option to enter a raffle in which for a $15 gift card is given to every 5 valid completed surveys. Your responses to the survey cannot be linked to your identity. If you are interested in participating in the study, please kindly click on the following survey link, which will further direct you to an informed consent page with more information regarding your participation:
https://albany.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/fo ... Qz6ev076LQ

Thank you so much for helping me with this research! Your participation will contribute greatly to the scientific knowledge base about suicide and suicide prevention, a crucial yet understudied subject pertaining to Asian college students in the US.

If you have further questions, please contact me (Shangyun Zhou, principal investigator) at szhou8@albany.edu, or my faculty advisor (Dr. Hung-Bin Sheu at hsheu@albany.edu).

Thank you!
Shangyun Zhou, M.A.
Doctoral student, Counseling Psychology
University at Albany, State University of New York
Office of Student Affairs
314 O'Brian Hall
716-645-6223
Law-StudentAffairs@Buffalo.edu