NEW INFORMATION RE:Commencement Regalia

This section is for topics relevant to LL.M. students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
Student Life

NEW INFORMATION RE:Commencement Regalia

Post by Student Life »

16 weeks until Commencement!

Thank you to those that have already registered! And just a reminder to those that have not.
http://www.law.buffalo.edu/current/comm ... -form.html

You must register to walk in the ceremony and here is where you request tickets for family and friends. You will have until March to register, BUT we encourage you to do so.

NEW CAP & GOWN INFORMATION

All graduates are required to wear the authorized University at Buffalo School of Law academic regalia provided for you by the cap and gown vendor. All rental orders will be taken online starting NOW through Friday, March 12, 2020, via the University Bookstore / Jostens https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/cust ... t-Buffalo/ (click on Graduation Caps & Gowns - Doctronal Student Regalia). There are also links to order rings and other graduation items. The cost for J.D. and LL.M. regalia rentals is approximately $73.00 + tax. If a head measurement is required for the tam (hats), I have a tape measure in my office for accuracy.

Late fees will be applied to each order after the scheduled order deadline of Friday, March 12. Please note that you must return the gown, hood and tam (hat), as it is only rented. The tassel is yours to keep. The law school cannot accept regalia orders.

If you do not wish to wear academic regalia, there is an alternative. Traditionally, Buffalo Public Interest Law Program (BPLIP) offers the opportunity to donate toward its scholarship fund in lieu of renting a cap and gown. Students who donate will receive a special cord to wear on their lapel. A note in the graduation program section on Academic Costume explains the cord. You can still donate and wear the cord even if you order and wear your cap and gown. More information on that will be forthcoming along with cords that signifying participation in student organizations sponsored in part by SBA.

This is a very important and special time for each of you! If you have any questions, concerns, or special needs please feel free to contact me at aatkins@buffalo.edu.