Success Collection Excerpts on Briefing Cases, Taking Notes & Scheduling

This section is for topics relevant to LL.M. students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
Assoc Dir Law Lib

Success Collection Excerpts on Briefing Cases, Taking Notes & Scheduling

Post by Assoc Dir Law Lib »

Hi everyone!
With the start of classes right around the corner, I thought I would pass along a couple of timely excerpts from our Law School Success Collection: The first attachment from Hard-Nosed Advice from a Cranky Law Professor details how you should brief a case, the second, from 1L of a Ride, walks you through how to take good notes in class, while the third, from A Weekly Guide to Being a Model Law Student, talks about setting up a manageable schedule and provides a general overview of how to approach the start of the semester.
Briefing Cases - Hard-Nosed Advice.pdf
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 441 times
Note-Taking - 1L of a Ride.pdf
(5.22 MiB) Downloaded 637 times
These titles and many others in our Success Collection will provide helpful tips on succeeding in law school and in your careers, so please check them out next time you are in the library! We also have several titles specifically geared towards LL.M. students!!
Once again, the Success Collection is located on the main floor of the Law Library across from the service desk:
Success Coll.jpg
Be sure to keep an eye on SIP for more helpful hints moving forward! And remember, my library colleagues and I are here to help you!!
Talk to you soon,
Brian
Brian Detweiler
Associate Director
221A O'Brian Hall
Charles B. Sears Law Library
Buffalo, NY 14260
(716) 645-2384
briandet@buffalo.edu