To be admitted to the bar as an attorney in New York you need to pass the New York State Bar Examination (taken after graduation), pass the MPRE with a score of 85 (for New York), and be certified to the Character and Fitness Committee for admission to practice The MPRE may be taken during Law School. From the NYS Bar Examiner’s web site http://www.nybarexam.org.[/b]
The MPRE can be taken before or after the bar examination, however, the applicant must pass the MPRE within three years either before or after passing the New York bar examination, as measured from the date the applicant sat for each MPRE.
The next MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination) test date is Wednesday, August 11, 2021 or Thursday, August 12, 2021. The registration deadline for this date is June 10, 2021.
2021 MPRE Dates
Dates of examination: Wednesday, August 11 or Thursday, August 12, 2021
Registration deadline: June 10, 2021
Dates of examination: Thursday, November 4 or Friday, November 5, 2021
Registration deadline: September 17, 2021
Steps to register:
1. Create or log into your NCBE account: https://auth.ncbex.org/login
2. If you have a disability recognized under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, that necessitates any deviation from the standard test administration (such as extended testing time), you should request accommodations before continuing to Step 3.
Dates of examination: August 11 or 12, 2021
Date you should submit your request for accommodation by: May 4, 2021
Dates of examination: November 4 or 5, 2021
Date you should submit your request for accommodation by: August 2, 2021
2022 MPRE testing dates have not been announced, and will not open until December 2021.
3. Log into your NCBE Account, select MPRE Registration, and follow the instructions to complete the NCBE portion of the MPRE registration process and request your authorization to test.
4. Receive an Authorization to Test email from Pearson Vue. (Make sure emails from PeasronVUEconfirmation@pearson.com does not go into SPAM or Junk Mail). Contact the NCBE MPRE Registration if you do not receive an Authorization to Test e-mail within 24 hours after requesting your authorization to test at https://www.ncbex.org/contact/
5. Selection an appointment to test with Pearson VUE and pay the test fee to them. The registration fee is $135 and must be paid by debit or credit card.
6. Receive a Confirmation of Person VUE Exam Appointment email and a Confirmation of Payment e-mail from Pearson VUE.
If you do not schedule your appointment to test and pay the test fee by the registration deadline for your test administration, you will not be able to take the MPRE during that test administration.
Scheduling Your Appointment to Test
The MPRE is administered in Pearson VUE testing centers across the country. Testing center choices cannot be guaranteed, and travel may be required. It is to your advantage to schedule your appointment to test and pay the test fee as soon as possible to maximize the locations and times available to you.
Testing Center Assignments
Pearson VUE handles all MPRE testing center assignments. Once you receive your Authorization to Test email from Pearson VUE and create a Pearson VUE account, you will be able to search for available testing centers as part of the scheduling process. Note that the MPRE is not administered at every Pearson VUE testing center. “ NCBE will offer a limited number of international site testing opportunities to take the MPRE in August 2021 for candidates who are unable to travel to the United States. These will be offered at authorized international Pearson VUE Professional Centers between August 16 and August 20, 2021.” (From NYS Board of Law Examiners web site).
For inquiries regarding Pearson VUE testing centers (including appointment scheduling, testing center locations, and what to expect at the testing center), contact Pearson VUE by telephone at 888-205-1855 or online at https://home.pearsonvue.com/Contact-Us.aspx .
Confirmation Email and Arrival Time
Within 48 hours after scheduling your appointment and submitting your payment, you will receive a Confirmation of Pearson VUE Exam Appointment email from Pearson VUE [url] PearsonVUEconfirmation@pearson.com [url]. (Do not send correspondence to this email address, as it is not monitored). The email will include your appointment time, date, and testing center.
Contact Pearson VUE at 888-205-1855 if you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of payment. (Do not contact NCBE about your confirmation email.)
Testing center location and capacity will determine whether one or both test days are available for scheduling for each administration. Schedule your appointment to test as soon as possible to maximize the dates, times, and locations available to you.
If you are planning to take the Massachusetts bar examination, or use your UBE score to be admitted in Massachusetts, you MUST take and pass the MPRE with a score of 85 BEFORE applying to take the Massachusetts bar exam or apply for admission using your NY UBE score.
This section is for topics relevant to LL.M. students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 12:03 pm