Listening Session with the Dean this Tuesday - June 16th

The majority of law school announcements can be found in this section. However, don't forget to check your class year section as well for information specific to your class.
OOC

Listening Session with the Dean this Tuesday - June 16th

Post by OOC »

An Invitation from the Dean

To Our Students, Faculty and Staff,

As we all consider how to respond to the devastating impact of continued systematic racism and recent instances of police brutality and race-based violence in the United States, it is critical that we encourage open communication and honest discussion, and that we share our ideas, our concerns, and our hopes for a better future.

I invite you to join me during an online listening session this Tuesday, June 16, 2020, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. The goals of this session are to create a non-threatening space for all members of the current law school community (students, members of the Class of 2020, faculty and staff) to hear students’ questions, thoughts, and concerns related to racial justice in the United States and to discuss how the School of Law can better support students across all intersections as it relates to racial equality. Our objectives are to identify issues of common concern that are widely and deeply felt at the School of Law and to work together as an institution to address these concerns.

The session will be facilitated by Tolu Odunsi, Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We will also be joined by Todd Brown, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, and Teresa A. Miller, Professor & Senior Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Chief Diversity Officer for SUNY, in addition to several other members of our faculty and staff.

Please register to attend HERE: https://sunybuffalolawschool.formstack. ... gistration. Upon registering, you will be sent a Zoom meeting invitation to the email address you provide.

I look forward to this important conversation.

Aviva Abramovsky
Dean and Professor of Law