To be admitted to the bar in New York you must:
1. Complete New York Law Course -free, online 12 hours (can break up time)
2. Pass New York Law Exam. You MUST complete the New York Law Course and register 30 days before! 50 item, open book exam given on Examsoft on four specified Thursdays at noon (next 6/16). Passing is 30/50. Score good for one year (must pass UBE within that time). So do not take the NYLE if you are not graduating in 2022.
3. Pass MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam) with score of 85 within 3 years of passing UBE. Next MPRE is August 10 or 11, 2022; registration deadline is June 9, 2022. The accommodation submission recommended date is April 28th. Following MPRE is November 14 or 15, 2022. Registration deadline is September 14th.
4. Pass the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE). Registration April 1 - 30, 2022 ONLY! Exam is July 26 - 27, 2022. Passing score is 266/400. February graduates (December JD or LLM completion) and Pro Bono Scholars – registration for the UBE is November 1 – 30 only. The exam is February 21 – 22, 20223. Test accommodation deadlines for the UBE are the same deadline as registering for the exam.
To take the June 16th New York Law Exam, you MUST COMPLETE the New York Law Course and REGISTER for the New York Law Exam BY 11:59 pm ON TUESDAY, MAY 17th.
The New York Law Examination is a 50 item, open book, two hour, multiple choice exam on the New York law contained in the lectures and material of the New York Law Course.
The next NYLE will be given on:
June 16, 2022 12:00pm - a Thursday
Registration Deadline: May 17, 2022 at 11:59pm
Test accommodation deadline has passed
September 22, 2022 12:00pm - a Thursday
Registration Deadline: August 23, 2022 at 11:59pm
Test accommodation deadline is June 24, 2022
December 15, 2022 12:00pm - a Thursday. This date may be too late for January admission to the bar if you pass the bar exam!
Registration Deadline: November 15, 2022 at 11:59pm
Test accommodation deadline is September 16, 2022
Course, course materials and exam registration: https://www.nybarexam.org/Content/CourseMaterials.htm
NY Law Course and NY Law Exam are FREE, except for $27 fee to Examsoft to take NY Law Exam online. You can take the NY Law Exam anywhere, but it is given on New York time!
The deadline to register for the New York Law Examination is thirty (30) days before the New York Law Examination.
You may complete the New York Law Course and New York Law Examination after the bar examination. You may complete both prior to or after taking the UBE (Uniform Bar Examination in July). The results are good for three years.
Any questions? Go to www.nybarexam.org or contact Professor William MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vice Dean Saran - email@example.com
This section is for topics relevant to 3L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 12:03 pm