To be admitted to the bar in New York, you must do the following:
1. Graduate with your JD from an ABA Approved law School (UB);
2. Take the New York Law Course (NYLC);
3. Pass the New York Law Exam (NYLE) with a score of at least 30/50 - can do up to one year before the bar exam; score good for three years;
4. Pass the MPRE with a scaled score of at least 85 - can do in law school; score good for three years;
5. Pass the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) after you graduate with a score of at least 266 - given at the end of February and July; and
6. Complete the Character and Fitness process (after you have completed all the above).
The next NY Law Exam is September 27th. You must complete the finish NY Law Course and then register by August 28th.
Both the NY Law Course and the New York Law Exam are on-line. The New York Law Course is approximately fifteen hours of on-line content with imbedded questions. If you get a question wrong, it will require you to repeat the section where the question is contained. The content outline is available at: https://www.nybarexam.org/Content/NewYo ... erials.pdf
To register for the course go to: https://www.newyorklawcourse.org
There is no fee for the course. You MUST complete the New York Law Course before you may register for New York Law Examination (NYLE)
The 50 item, open book, two hour, multiple choice is an on-line New York Law Examination offered on specific Thursdays from 12 noon to 2 pm.
Future registration and test dates:
The NYLE will be given on:
Date of NYLE: December 20, 2018 12:00PM
Registration Deadline: November 20, 2018 11:59PM
Date of NYLE: March 21, 2019 12:00PM
Registration Deadline: February 19, 2019 11:59PM
Date of NYLE: June 13, 2019 12:00PM - during Bar review for July 2019 bar exam
Registration Deadline: May 14, 2019 11:59PM
Date of NYLE: September 26, 2019 12:00PM
Registration Deadline: August 27, 2019 11:59PM
Date of NYLE: December 19, 2019 12:00PM
Registration Deadline: November 19, 2019 11:59PM
The deadline to register for the New York Law Examination is thirty (30) days before the New
York Law Examination. The fee is $27 for the NYLE to Examsoft. You MUST pay the $27 fee and take the Examsoft practice test by 4 pm one week prior to the
You MUST upload the exam by 4 pm the day before the exam.. If you fail to do either of these tasks, you will forfeit your registration for the New York Law Exam.
Any questions? Go to www.nybarexam.org or see Vice Dean Saran - email@example.com or 614 O'Brian.
This section is for topics relevant to 3L students only! All other announcements can be found in the General Announcements section.
1 post • Page 1 of 1